Please note: Camel Rides are not operating in 2015.
Kings Creek Station is a working cattle and camel station that runs cattle and exports camels. Established in 1982, the station covers an area of 1800 sq. kilometres.
The camel train is led by an experienced guide who will be happy to answer your questions and take your photograph. The camels' easy gait and comfortable, individually designed saddles ensure a safe ride.
- 5 minutes: In a hurry? Never been on a camel? Our 5-minute tour is perfect for you.
- 15 minutes: Get a taste of riding a camel.
- 30 minutes: Take an amble out of the yard on the camel train and experience a taste of the outback.
- 60 minutes: Take an amble out of the yard on the camel train and experience more of the outback.
- Morning Brekkie Ride (1 hour): After a Bushman's style breakfast (7am - 8.30am), your cameleer leads the camels through the red sands in the peace and cool of the morning to view desert oaks, wildflowers and birdlife.
- Sunrise Spectacular (1 hour): Your experienced guide leads your camel through the red sands to view desert oaks, wildflowers and some of the abundant birdlife in our area.
- Sunset Spectaculare (1 hour): See Kings Creek Station on a friendly camel. A relaxing guided tour while the sun sets against the brilliant George Gill Range.
- Safety helmets
- Skilled guide
- Safety briefing
Camel tours leave from Kings Creek Station, approximately 20 minutes drive (40km) south of the Resort. Guests are to make their own travel arrangements to Kings Creek Station. Departure time can be organised via the booking details below.
For pricing, please view or download our activity brochure.
Bookings are essential. Please contact Kings Canyon reception on +61 8 8956 7442.