Waiver, Release, Discharge and Indemnity
Waiver, Release, Discharge and Indemnity
For those guests visiting or staying at Kings Canyon Resort.
This document contains provisions which affect the legal rights of any visitor to Kings Canyon Resort.
Please read it carefully.
If you do not understand any part of it, you should obtain independent legal advice before visiting Kings Canyon Resort.
In consideration for, and as a condition of, being permitted access to the Premises and participation in the Activities, now and at any time in the future, you:
represent and warrant to the Occupier that:
- you are over 18 years old and if you are travelling with any minors, you take responsibility for those minors and any reference in this document to “you” includes a reference to those minors;
- you are medically fit to perform, engage in or assist with the Activities;
- you have adequate experience and are competent to safely engage in the Activities;
- you have not relied on any representations or warranties that may have been made by the Occupier or its Representatives in relation to the Premises or the Activities;
- you have taken, or had the opportunity to take, independent legal advice as to the nature, effect and extent of this agreement; and
- you have authority to, and do hereby, enter into this agreement on your own behalf and on behalf of all minors accompanying you.
unconditionally and irrevocably acknowledge and agree that:
the Occupier and its Representatives are in no way responsible for any Claims or Liabilities for:
- any injury, illness or death that you may sustain; or
- any loss, damage or theft of your property;
the Occupier may, in its sole discretion:
- refuse to permit you access to the Premises;
- require you to leave the Premises at any time;
- refuse to permit you to engage in the Activities (though the Occupier allowing you to engage in any Activity does not impose any obligations or responsibility on the Occupier, or amend or waive any terms of this document);
- require you to cease the Activities; or
- change or vary the conditions of entry to the Premises or participation in the Activities;
- the risks associated with participating in the Activities include, but are not limited to, damage to property, injury, illness or death to participants (including yourself);
- you have had the opportunity to consider the risks associated with participating in the Activities and freely and voluntarily accept:
- all of the risks (foreseeable and unforeseeable) that may result from you participating in the Activities; and
- any and all consequences which may result from those risks (whether foreseeable or unforeseeable);
- the Occupier and its Representatives are in no way responsible for any Claims or Liabilities for:
- all Implied Warranties are excluded to the full extent permitted by law;
to the extent any Implied Warranties cannot be excluded, liability for any breach of any Implied Warranty is limited to:
in the case of any Implied Warranty relating to goods:
- the replacement of those goods or the supply of equivalent goods; or
- the cost of replacing those goods or supplying equivalent goods; and
in the case of any Implied Warranty relating to services:
- the re-supply of those services; or
- the cost of re-supply of those services;
- in the case of any Implied Warranty relating to goods:
- you have read, understood and agree to comply with all rules, regulations, procedures, instructional material and other information provided to you or posted at the Premises or relating to the Activities;
while on the Premises or participating in the Activities you will, at all times, follow:
- the lawful directions of any of the Occupier and any of its Representatives; and
- any signage displayed on or in relation to the Premises;
- if you observe any uncontrolled hazard or risk, you will immediately cease any actions you undertake contributing to that hazard or risk, take those steps which are available to you to reduce the hazard or risk and inform the nearest Representative of the Occupier of the hazard or risk and the steps taken by you;
- to the fullest extent permitted at law, you waive, release and discharge each of the Occupier and its Representatives from and against any and all Claims or Liabilities which you have, or may at any time have, arising out of or in relation to the Premises or the Activities. This waiver, release and discharge extends to all acts, omissions, defaults, failures or errors on the part of all or any of the Occupier or its Representatives;
you agree to indemnify, and keep indemnified, each of the Occupier and its Representatives from and against any Claims and Liabilities, whether direct or indirect, arising out of or in relation to you:
- you being on the Premises;
- you observing or participating in the Activities (whether on the Premises or elsewhere); and
- your acts or omissions while on the Premises or observing or participating in the Activities;
- you covenant not to sue or commence any proceedings against any of the Occupier or its Representatives in respect of any loss or damage arising out of or relating to any loss, damage, injury or illness you may sustain (whether to you personally or to any of your property) which occurs on the Premises or in any way relates to the Activities;
while on the Premises, you will:
- comply with all laws;
- not introduce or create any hazards to persons, property, flora or fauna; and
- you intend to be immediately bound by the terms recorded in this document and for it to be binding on your executors, administrators and assigns;
you grant your permission and consent to the Occupier and its Representatives to:
- the Occupier and its Representatives shall have the unlimited right throughout the world to copyright, use, reuse, publish, republish, broadcast and otherwise distribute depictions of or information about you and all or any portion of the Activities in which you may appear on any and all radio, network, cable and television programs and in any print materials and in any other format or media (including electronic media) now known or hereinafter devised in perpetuity and without compensation to you; and
- this document is governed by the laws of the Northern Territory. You submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Northern Territory in relation to anything arising out of this document including any disputes that may arise as a result of your participation in the Activities or attendance at the Premises.
In this document:
Activities means the use of the Premises, facilities and equipment at or on the Premises for the purpose of sport, enjoyment, relaxation, accommodation or leisure of any description whatsoever and any incidental activities thereto.
Claim means any claim, allegation, debt, cause of action, liability, proceeding, suit or demand of any nature and whether present or future, actual or contingent, fixed or unascertained and arising at law, in equity, under statute or otherwise.
Implied Warranties means all warranties of any nature in relation to the Premises or the Activities which are implied by law (whether pursuant to the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), the Consumer Affairs and Fair Trading Act 1990 (NT) or otherwise).
Liabilities mean any and all liabilities, debts or obligations, whether actual or contingent, present or future, quantified or unquantified or incurred jointly or severally with any other person.
Occupier means Discovery Holiday Parks Pty Ltd and its related bodies corporate and related entities as defined by the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
Premises means Kings Canyon Resort, Luritja Road, Petermann, Northern Territory, 0872, including any Activities conducted in Watarrka National Park
Representatives mean the agents, officers, contractors or employees of the Occupier.
The singular includes the plural and the plural includes the singular.
A provision of this document shall not be construed to the disadvantage of a party merely because that party or its representatives were responsible for the preparation of this document or its inclusion in this document.
If anything in this agreement is or is determined to be unenforceable, illegal, voidable or void in a jurisdiction then it is severed for that jurisdiction and the rest of this document remains in full force and effect in all other jurisdictions.
Through your conduct you confirm your acceptance of this document at the time of making any booking for Kings Canyon Resort, when entering the Premises and when undertaking any Activity on the Premises. If at any time you believe that you cannot comply with the matters in this document, you must immediately notify the Occupier and agree to exit the Premises or do such things as the Occupier otherwise directs.