We respect your privacy and take steps to safeguard the personal information that we handle. We are committed to complying with all applicable privacy laws, including the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), and to being open and transparent about our information handling practices.
“We” or “us” means Kings Canyon Resort (Kings Canyon), operated by Discovery Holiday Parks Pty Ltd ACN 111 782 846 Level 7, 60 Light Square, Adelaide SA 5000.
The personal information we collect (and why)
Booking and guest registration
We collect information either in person, via our Website, or via internet booking engines and online travel agents, to allow you to make a reservation to stay with us. The personal information we collect to do this includes:
- your name, email address, telephone numbers and address;
- sensitive information, for example, if you advise us of any allergies, disabilities or medical issues;
- information you provide when you apply for an employment position with us;
- bank and credit card details (including expiry dates);
- information on your employer or a professional group to which you belong (e.g. you may disclose that to obtain a discount available to members of that group);
- details of family members (e.g. if they are travelling with you);
- your username and password if you register an account on our Website;
- information associated with your use of our Website, including cookies (see cookies);
- your personal interests and preferred vacation/leisure destinations; and
- information you provide if you book a special package with us (e.g. a wedding, honeymoon, couples or 'babymoon' package).
From time to time we may post surveys on our Website. The surveys may request demographic information (such as age range, gender, areas of interest and familiarity with us or our products and services) and customer feedback. Participation in these requests is completely voluntary. With each request, you will have the choice of whether or not to disclose information. Such survey information will be used to improve the overall experience on our Websites.
In order to access details of your Loyalty Program membership (including to confirm your eligibility for Membership Savings), or to sign you up for our Loyalty Program on request, we collect information from you or from our G’day Rewards team. For more information about how G’day Rewards handles personal information please see https://www.gdayrewards.com.au/privacy-policy.
Other personal information
Other types of personal information we collect may include, but are not limited to:
- details of entrants in competitions run by us (including in collaboration with our Business Partners);
- name and contact details of subscribers to our mailing lists;
- application information related to applicants for employment with us;
- identity document information and contact information for guests who hire equipment;
- information contained in surveys completed by guests; and
- information about when a Member uses their Membership Card to receive Membership Savings or verify Membership status.
While staying with us, we may also collect information in relation to services that we provide you, including third party bookings which we arrange at your request (such as tours).
We may also collect personal information included in communications with us, before, during or after your stay or if you attend an event at Kings Canyon.
CCTV and other imaging
For the security of our guests, Kings Canyon monitors areas of our property using closed-circuit television (CCTV) and other imaging. Your image may be recorded by CCTV or other imaging when you visit Kings Canyon.
We may also collect your personal information for other purposes which will be explained at the time of collection. In some cases, if you do not provide us with personal information we may not be able to provide the services you have requested.
Cookies and other technologies
We collect information relating to your web activity when you access and browse our Website. In particular, we may collect information using cookies, and similar technologies, designed to provide information to help us improve the use of our Website and to better tailor the content we provide.
A cookie is a text file containing small amounts of information which is downloaded to your device when you access a website. This information may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, information and actions taken on the site including details about when you accessed the site. The text file is then sent back to our server each time your browser requests a page from the server. Information generated by the cookie about the use of our Website may be transferred to, and stored by, a web analytics service, which may be based overseas, that we use to help use improve our online services. This enables us to provide a better Website visitor experience by loading the site so that it reflects your personal preferences as previously indicated last time you browsed. Some cookies also help with ensuring the functionality of the site.
Additionally, emails we send to you use technology that allows us to understand the time and date that an email was opened and whether any links within the email were clicked. Compiling this information allows us to conduct statistical analysis to better understand how effective our electronic marketing campaigns are and customise our advertising services based on the results. You can disable some of this technology by turning images ‘off’ in your email client (e.g. Outlook) and you can opt-out of receiving emails from us by following the ‘unsubscribe’ link in those messages.
The types of cookies we use are set out below. You can configure your web browser to reject and delete cookies but this may limit the functionality of our Website so that it does not operate properly.
Analytical and Performance Cookies
Targeting cookies are often linked to services provided by third parties on our Website. Third party service providers may use their own cookies to collect information about your activities on our Website. They work by identifying your device and browser to recognise your visit to the Website. Not enabling these cookies will disable the services provided by third parties on our Website, such as tools to share or access content from social media sites or options to watch videos by third party video providers.
We may use functional cookies that record the choices you have made on our Website so that we can continue to provide you with information you are interested in during that visit and any subsequent visits. This allows us to provide content that is tailored and relevant, and to improve the Website experience for our Website users.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
We collect cookies that are necessary for our Website to operate and load properly. You can set your web browser to block these cookies but without these cookies you may not be able to move around the Website and use its features.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information in a variety of ways, including (but not limited to):
- directly from individuals such as when you book online via our Website;
- through our social media pages and from social media sites when you like our posts or page;
- from third parties that provide us with marketing; market research; and marketing and web analytics services;
- from third parties such as Business Partners that run competitions or promotions in connection with Kings Canyon;
- where you send us an email or ‘contact us’ message or make a written enquiry with us; and
- when you call us to make enquiries.
Storage and security of personal information
We take the security of the personal information we hold seriously and handle personal information sensitively and in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
We take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, interference and loss; and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. These steps include using electronic and physical security measures, including:
- storing personal information on secure networks consistent with industry standards;
- using encryption techniques when transferring information to other servers; and
- restricting access to personal information to employees, contractors and agents who need to know the information to process it for us.
How long do we keep your personal information?
If we no longer need the personal information we hold about you, we take steps to delete, destroy or de-identify that information. We also retain information about your Loyalty Program Membership in order to provide you with Membership Savings. It may also be necessary for us to retain personal information to comply with our legal obligations, or for insurance or audit purposes.
How we use personal information and for what purposes
To provide you with our services
We use personal information in order to provide services to you. As part of providing services to you we may use your personal information to:
- make a reservation for you to stay at Kings Canyon, manage that reservation and facilitate your stay;
- respond to your enquiries;
- allow you to hire equipment;
- subscribe you to our mailing list (at your request);
- submit your entry into one of our competitions;
- confirm your payment for services;
- facilitate your application for Membership to our Loyalty Program; and
- ensure your safety and the security of our premises (i.e. by using CCTV cameras and other imaging to monitor our property).
We also use personal information to market and promote our products and services, including to:
- contact you about special offers or promotions we think may be of interest to you (where we have a legal basis to process your information in this way);
- conduct marketing and web tracking analysis; and
- we may also collect personal information about you by accessing data from other sources and analysing that data together with the information we already hold about you to better understand your preferences. This information may be anonymised data that is shared with trusted Service Providers and Business Partners that help us to market products and services to you that are most relevant to your interests.
Sharing on social media
If you click on a link to a social media site or post from our Website, or click on a link to our Website from our social media pages, we may share your personal information (including user name, profile picture, likes and posts) with the social media service provider, other users and your friends or followers. If you do not want your personal information shared in this way, you can choose not to connect via your social media profile with our Website, or configure your web browser to block cookies (which may affect the functionality of some features on the Website).
To meet our legal obligations
We may also use personal information for the purpose of:
- complying with any applicable laws (for example, any obligations we may have under legislation);
- to fulfil our obligations under contracts with you or third parties;
- where necessary to protect our rights or the rights of others, including for fraud or risk management purposes; and/or
- to comply with requests from government authorities.
We may use your personal information for other reasons which we will explain when we collect it, or with your consent. We will only use your personal information in accordance with applicable privacy and data protection laws.
Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose personal information in a number of ways, including to:
- contractors, suppliers or agents we have engaged to provide goods or services to us and/or to process personal information on our behalf (for example marketing agencies, distributors or marketing analytics service providers);
- our Business Partners where we have collected your information in relation to a jointly offered promotion, product or service; and
- payment service providers when you make a payment in person or via our Website.
We may also disclose personal information in order to comply with legal obligations or where necessary to protect our rights or the rights of others, including for fraud or risk management purposes.
We may partner with third parties to conduct joint promotions or competitions or offer joint products and services. If you provide us with personal information in relation to the promotion, competition, product or service we are jointly providing with a Business Partner we may share your information with that Business Partner. We will inform you that we do this at the time we collect your personal information and you will be given a choice about whether or not this occurs.
Links to external websites or services
Our electronic messages or online services may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the handling of your personal information by those websites and recommend you review the privacy policies of those websites.
How to unsubscribe, ‘opt-out’ or withdraw consent
You may unsubscribe or opt-out of receiving communication from us by:
- clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any electronic messages you receive from us; and/or
Sometimes, in order to handle your personal information, we may seek your consent, including to collect your data. You can request to withdraw this consent at any time by contacting us via our Contact Details.
How you can access the personal information we hold about you
You can request access to the personal information we hold about you by emailing us at email@example.com. We may need to verify your identity to provide you with access.
How to update, correct or delete your personal information
You can request to update or correct personal information we hold about you which you believe is inaccurate or out of date. You can also ask that we delete some or all of your personal information in certain circumstances (e.g. where the data is no longer necessary to provide you with services). In order to make any requests relating to your personal information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to make a privacy complaint
If you have any concerns about how we have handled your personal information please contact us using the contact details below (see ‘Contact Details’) so that we can try and resolve the issue quickly and directly.
If we are unable to resolve your privacy complaint, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at:
GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW, 2001, www.oaic.gov.au (telephone 1300 363 992).
You can contact us by:
- Sending an email to email@example.com;
- Calling us on 08 7210 9600 between 8:30am and 5:00pm central standard time Monday-Friday (excluding public holidays)
- Writing to us at: Privacy Officer - Kings Canyon, Level 7, 60 Light Square, Adelaide SA 5000.
“Business Partner” means a third party that we collaborate with to offer joint promotions, products or services.
“Loyalty Program” means G’day Rewards, the customer loyalty membership program managed by Australian Park Licence Co Pty Limited ACN 622 566 205.
“Member” means a member of the Loyalty Program.
“Membership” means membership of the Loyalty Program.
“Membership Saving” means the discounts offered to Members.
“Service Provider” means a third party we engage to provide us with services to support our business.
“Website” means this website www.kingscanyonresort.com.au.
“We” or “us” means “We” or “us” means Kings Canyon Resort, operated by Discovery Holiday Parks Pty Ltd ACN 111 782 846 Level 7, 60 Light Square, Adelaide SA 5000.